SANUS-q: Liposomal Vitamin D3+K2 (MK7) - 60ml | 2 fl oz
A powerful combination for healthy bones and cardiovascular system
Current batch best before date: Sep-2021
Country of origin: USA
(Check our current promotions before buying)
Contains: (per 1 ml serve) Vitamin D - 2,500 iu (625% DV as cholecalciferol D3), Vitamin K – 45 mcg (56% DV as MK7 K2), purified water, phosphatidylcholine (from non-GMO sunflower oil) - glycerin-complex, natural flavours, potassium sorbate
Suggested dosage: Take 1ml or 2ml daily or as directed by your physician. Mix into small amount of juice if desired. Feel free to adapt to suit your preferences. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Storage: Shake well before each use. Refrigerate after opening and use within 60 days.
- Contains both Vitamin D3 and K2
- Achieves efficient use of calcium
- Maintains optimum bone health
- Prevents calcification in arteries, lowers risk of heart disease
- Strengthens immunity
- Lowers inflammation
- Delivered through liposomes for enhanced bioavailability
Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus – playing an important role in keeping bones healthy. However, functions of the sunshine vitamin are no longer restricted to calcium absorption and bone formation. Research shows that vitamin D:
- Regulates more than 200 genes and affects EVERY cell in the body
- Helps in proper functioning of almost all the tissues and organs including the brain, heart, muscles, endocrine glands, and immune system
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Reduces risk of falls and fractures
- Supports healthy muscle functions
- Improves chronic musculoskeletal pain and fatigue symptoms associated with fibromyalgia
- Regulate blood pressure
- Reduce inflammation, lower risk of atherosclerosis (plaque formation)
- Improve heart functions in people with heart failure
- Improves insulin sensitivity in cells
- Osteoporosis (weak, brittle bones)
- Poor muscle functions
- Dementia and cognitive decline
- Heart disease and high blood pressure
- Impaired immunity
- Common cold, flu and upper respiratory infections
- Asthma and wheezing disorders
- Macular degeneration, dry eye
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic pain, arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Pregnancy complications (preterm labor, premature birth, preeclampsia)
We need calcium for healthy bones. We need vitamin D3 to absorb calcium from the intestines. But is that enough? Did you know you also need vitamin K2 to complete this equation?
One of the lesser known vitamins, vitamin K2 is a powerful anti-oxidant and performs many functions in the body. It’s most important (and ironically unknown) function is to prevent calcium accumulation in places where it can be a problem, such as in arteries.
Why do you need vitamins K2 with D3?
The partnership between vitamins D3 and K2 ensures that the body is able to utilize calcium efficiently. Vitamin D3 helps in calcium and phosphorus absorption. But it is vitamin K2 that regulates where this calcium goes in the body.  
Vitamin K2 guides this absorbed calcium into the bone matrix and away from other tissues and organs. This not only helps in bone mineralization and bone growth but also stops calcium to accumulate in unwanted places like arteries, where it can contribute to plaque formation (atherosclerosis) and hardening of arteries. Calcification in arteries increases your risk of cardiovascular disease like heart attack, heart failure and stroke.
How Vitamin K2 contributes to bone and cardiovascular health?
- Vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, a protein produced by osteoblasts (cells responsible for skeleton building). Osteocalcin binds calcium and carries it to the bone tissue.
- Vitamin K2 also activates matrix GLA protein (MGP), a protein secreted by vascular smooth muscle cells. MGP binds and removes calcium present in the blood vessels, thus preventing arterial calcification.
Taking calcium and vitamin D for healthy bones? It is useless if you are deficient in vitamin K2.
Why K2 supplementation may be necessary: Vitamin K2 is made by the bacteria in the gut and is mostly found in fermented foods like natto, sauerkraut and cheese especially Gouda and Brie. It is also present in organic, grass-fed animal products such as liver, egg yolk and butter. Unlike vitamin K1, that is found in green leafy vegetables, vitamin K2 is usually difficult to get from diet easily.
The Best Quality Liposomal Vitamin D3+K2
Our high-quality supplement is delivered through unique liposomal technology. Liposomes are small particles that help deliver vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 molecules directly to the cells and tissues – achieving improved absorption and bioavailability.
Warnings and Precautions
Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and also to determine if the supplement is suitable for children.
A combination of Vitamin D3+K2 is an effective way to get the optimum daily dose of vitamins D3 and K2 for bone, heart and overall health.
- Ioana Mozos, Otilia Marginean. Links between Vitamin D Deficiency and Cardiovascular Diseases. BioMed Research International. 2015
- V. Kunadian, G. A. Ford, B. Bawamia, W. Qiu, and J. E. Manson. Vitamin D deficiency and coronary artery disease: A review of the evidence. American Heart Journal, vol. 167, no. 3, pp. 283–291, 2014.
- Katarzyna Maresz. Proper Calcium Use: Vitamin K2 as a Promoter of Bone and Cardiovascular Health. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015
- Theuwissen E, Smit E, Vermeer C. The role of vitamin K in soft-tissue calcification. Adv Nutr. 2012